At SOS we believe that 95% of the cases of injuries that we come across in strays can be treated on the streets by the volunteers. Our Ambulance attends to all such cases from Monday to Saturday with the help of the various volunteers and likeminded residents.
Procedure we follow:
• On being identified, the injured animal is immediately given the basic medication necessary to sustain him.
• General injuries are treated by Maria or any of are trained volunteers on a daily basis until the animal is completely cured.
• More serious injuries are referred to a Vet who then guides the volunteer accordingly and the treatment is duly given.
• Uncatchable dogs/cats are also treated by our volunteers whereby most of their medication is given in food until recuperation is not complete.
• Encourage more and more people especially in the slums/streets who own strays to learn/treat basic ailments/injuries.
dogs & cats in2004
dogs & cats in2005
dogs & cats in2006
dogs & cats in2007
dogs & cats in2008
dogs & cats in2009
dogs & cats in2010
dogs & cats in2011
dogs & cats in2012