At SOS, we believe that a vaccinated dog/cat is a healthy and happy one. Initially when we started all the dogs in our area were vaccinated once a year for Rabies (courtesy - The Welfare of Stray Dogs) but over a period of time we realize the importance to immunize them against various others infections/diseases that they are prone to on the streets.
Procedure we follow:
• Every new puppy in the area is dewormed and two weeks later vaccinated for Distemper and other related diseases by a 9 in 1 vaccine.
• When the puppy is 3 months plus he is vaccinated for Rabies either during the Annual Rabies Drive or individually.
• Every adult female dog (if missed during the puppy stage) is vaccinated for Distemper two weeks before she is sent for Sterilisation to the hospital.
• Annually we vaccinate all the area dogs for Rabies.
• Educate adults/children that " A Pagal Kutta " does not always mean Rabies and should be reported to us or the BMC, instead of cruelly beating him to death.
dogs & cats in2004
dogs & cats in2005
dogs & cats in2006
dogs & cats in2007
dogs & cats in2008
dogs & cats in2009
dogs & cats in2010
dogs & cats in2011
dogs & cats in2012